Grand National Bets 2013
For many placing a bet on the Grand National is the only bet that you may have in the whole year and you may not be very familiar with the different types of bet available on the this great race. We will go through some of these Grand National type bets for your information and when you open an account and go to the horse racing section of the relevant bookmaker you will see most of these bets on offer.
Standard Bets - Win and Each Way Betting
For most people these are the main bets that they will have and in simple terms to place a win bet this is backing your selection to come first. An each way bet on the National is backing your horse in two bets one is to win and the other is to finish in the first four. Some bookmakers will pay the odds on the first five
Number of Grand National Finishers
This Grand National bet is predicting the number of finishers there will be in the race so with 40 runners starting how many will complete the course. This can be difficult to get right but we have some good National tips to help you with your bet.
Grand National Betting In Running
Most people have their Grand National bet before the race but nowadays there is a great facility with the betting exchanges and more recently the online bookmakers to place your bet while the race is underway. Betting in running allows you to place bets even when there have been fallers during the race.
Grand National Winning Distance
This Grand National bet is a bit of a novelty bet but is very popular and here you are predicting the distance between the first and second place horse and like the number of finishers Grand National bet there are some tips that should be taken into account before having this type of bet.
Other types of bets on the Grand National
Some of the other National bets that you can have is the Nationality of where the winning horse is trained, the winning trainer as there are a number of trainers who will have more than one runner, the age of the winning horse.
- 2013 Lockinge Stakes Odds Declaration Of War heads betting at Newbury
- Cavalryman heads the Yorkshire Cup betting for Saeed bin Suroor
- Dante Stakes Odds suggest Greatwood could be the pick for important Epsom Derby Trial
- Starscope could provide value in the latest Middleton Stakes betting
- Duke Of York Stakes odds suggest Tickled Pink can raise a laugh with victory at York
- 2013 Musidora Stakes Betting Liber Nauticus set to star in Oaks trial
- 2013 Swinton Hurdle Betting Forgotten Voice aims for Haydock prize
- Greatwood odds on for glory in Lingfield Derby Trial