Grand National 2011 Result
Ballabriggs produced a scintillating staying performance to just fend off the gutsy Oscar Time in what was a memorable 2011 Grand National, which saw Donald McCain continue to follow in his father Ginger's footsteps and train the winner of the Aintree marathon.
Always at the head of affairs, Ballabriggs jumped impeccably for most of the contest, but heading down the home straight he looked to have major dangers in the shape of Oscar Time, 2010 winner Don't Push It and State Of Play.
However, Jason Maguire managed to eek every sinue out of his raider past the elbow and eventually won by two-and-a-quarter lengths with amateur Sam Waley-Cohen failing to add to his Cheltenham Gold Cup crown aboard Oscar Time, who finished second.
- 1st - Ballabriggs - J Maguire - 14/1
- 2nd - Oscar Time - S Waley-Cohen - 14/1
- 3rd - Don't Push It - AP McCoy - 9/1
- 4th - State Of Play - Paul Moloney - 28/1
- 5th - Niche Market - H Skelton - 16/1
Betfair £10 Free Bet Offer for the Aintree Grand National
We are proud to say that via this site we are offering the much sought after Grand National Free Bets offer from the very innovative betting exchange Betfair. All you have to do is follow the link below, open an account deposit and place a £10 on any Grand National runner and if your horse loses you will get your money back.
- Epsom Oaks Ante Post Betting Preview Secret Gesture edges favouritism for fillies classic
- Epsom Derby Ante Post Betting Preview Dawn Approach even money for Classic glory
- 2013 Lockinge Stakes Odds Declaration Of War heads betting at Newbury
- Cavalryman heads the Yorkshire Cup betting for Saeed bin Suroor
- Dante Stakes Odds suggest Greatwood could be the pick for important Epsom Derby Trial
- Starscope could provide value in the latest Middleton Stakes betting
- Duke Of York Stakes odds suggest Tickled Pink can raise a laugh with victory at York
- 2013 Musidora Stakes Betting Liber Nauticus set to star in Oaks trial