Horse Racing Season Calendar
The UK horse racing season runs 363 days a year with Christmas and Good Friday as the two days when the racing world takes a breather. With all weather racing the flat season runs throughout the year and with summer jumps racing the National Hunt season is now also a year round affair
Flat Racing Meetings
The Flat season kicks into gear in early May when the first two classics are run at Newmarket which is the UK home of racing. The Epsom Derby and Oaks are the next two classics held in early June and the Royal Ascot festival takes place later that month. The final classic of the season the Ledger is run at Doncaster later in the season.
Horse Racing Fixtures
You can view the entire Horse Racing fixtures for the year on out dedicated UK Horse Racing results site which provides all the information you may ever want on the each racecourse their contact information details and how to get to that racecourse.
Upcoming Main Racing Events
The next big racing festival is the Punchestown Festival which gives all the national hunt horses' one last chance at glory for the season. This is closely followed by the Irish Grand National. Close on the heals are the 2000 and 1000 Guineas and the Epsom Derby and Oaks with the Royal Ascot festival completing a couple of fantastic horse racing months to saviour.
- Harmonic can hit the right Note in the Height of Fashion Stakes betting
- Epsom Oaks Ante Post Betting Preview Secret Gesture edges favouritism for fillies classic
- Epsom Derby Ante Post Betting Preview Dawn Approach even money for Classic glory
- 2013 Lockinge Stakes Odds Declaration Of War heads betting at Newbury
- Cavalryman heads the Yorkshire Cup betting for Saeed bin Suroor
- Dante Stakes Odds suggest Greatwood could be the pick for important Epsom Derby Trial
- Starscope could provide value in the latest Middleton Stakes betting
- Duke Of York Stakes odds suggest Tickled Pink can raise a laugh with victory at York